Enzo started road riding in May 2016 as a way to stay in touch with a friend who was going through a rough time. He didn’t expect to love it so much and become so addicted to the feeling, fitness and community that riding brings! Enzo originally joined SKCC in Sept 2016 as he wanted to learn proper bunch riding technique and build confidence and safety on the road which he initially achieved through the Friday morning beginner ride with Alison Raaymakers (Ride leader and now SKCC Vice President).
On that note, a big shout out and thanks to all the Ride Leaders who do a fantastic and essential job for the club. Now Enzo’s regular SKCC ride (which he loves!) is Tear Away Tuesday. You can also find Enzo on the boards track cycling and recently tried his first track race; his tip for us all…. “Track is awesome – everyone should try it!”
In August, Enzo came along to the SKCC annual general meeting and got “volunteered” to join the committee as sponsorship director.
Enzo honestly and seriously feels lucky to be part of such a great club and was more than happy to play whatever part he could to support the club and the members.
Enzo’s ask of all members ……. if you know anyone who could financially sponsor the club (including yourself) please connect me – Sponsors are critical to the Club’s ongoing success.
Finally, outside of cycling, Enzo works as Sales and branch leader for a software company (Red Hat) and tries to spend as much time as he can with his beautiful (and getting very pregnant Brazilian wife!) Clarissa and gorgeous boy Dante.
AND now here are the 5 Questions with Enzo –
- If you had a time machine & you could go back 10 years what advice would you give your younger self? Start Road and Track Cycling now and buy loads of Bitcoin when they come out
- If there was a movie made about your life, who would play you? Tim Robbins. Only because Shawshank Redemption is one of my favourite films and I associate with his character “Andy Dufresne”.
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? Ability to heal illness and ability to beat the fast group on Tear Away Tuesday Sprints!
- Who or what motivates you? My 3 year old boy Dante. Part of what gets me out of bed on cold Winter mornings to ride is the desire to stay fit for him as he gets older. I am already approaching 50 and want to be an active dad as he gets older…and for my next son due in May
- Which emojis best describe your philosophy on life (Maximum of 3 emojis allowed) Prioritise time with Family first balanced with other Fun