In the spirit of friendly rivalry CCCC and SKCC introduced an annual inter-club challenge last season with the winner taking home this shield and bragging rights for 12 months.
The first of two rounds will be held this Sunday 30th October at the Glenvale Crescent circuit, hosted by Carnegie Caulfield Cycling Club. The second round finale will be raced with SKCC at South Melbourne on Sunday, 12th March, 2017 NB: Racing on the day is open to all comers and normal club prize money policies will apply. It’s only SKCC riders and CCCC riders who will accumulate points in the Challenge. How do we win and make sure we keep the shield? Every SKCC or CCCC member that podiums on the dates of the Challenge (30/10/16 and 12/03/2017) will earn points for their club as follows:
- At CCCC points will be awarded for places 1-3 for Mixed grades A-D (see Rules below for women earning points in mixed grades)
- At SKCC points will be awarded for places 1-3 for Men’s grades A-D and Women’s A-C.
- The winning club will be the club which amasses the most points.
- After SKCC won the inaugural challenge last season CCCC is desperate to roll out the big guns to accumulate points and establish an early lead in the Challenge. So come and support your club, have some fun and head to Glenvale this Sunday morning.
- Racing on the day is open to all comers and normal club prize money policies will apply.
- A Challenge Shield will be awarded to the club which earns the most points over the two event series.
- Points will be allocated to any CCCC or SKCC member (eligible riders) who place first second or third in the following Grades: At St Kilda (Sth Melbourne): Men’s A,B,C & D grades, Women’s A,B & C grades. At Carnegie Caulfield (Glenvale Crescent): mixed A,B,C & D grades. Women in these grades can earn points on the basis: – 10+ women 1st to 2nd, – 5 – 9 women 1st & 2nd places, – 2 – 4 riders 1st place only and – For a single rider, no points.
- No points will be awarded to a member of another club, rider with a license from another country, or 3 ride permit holder.
- If a place is taken by an ineligible rider no points will be allocated for that place.
- Points are allocated as: 1st place: 4 points 2nd place: 2 points 3rd place: 1 point.
- Riders will ride in the grades they would normally be graded to by the host club.
- Entries are as per the usual entry procedure for each club.