The SKCC Track Squad have been busy training, with many of the squad racing at various events and titles over the past month. A special mention to SKCC’s Hayden Bradbury (02 Networks) finishing in seventh place at the Bendigo Madison at last Sunday evenings racing. Hayden paired up with top European rider Luke Roberts to make an early breakaway on the main bunch to take a lap on the field. This put Hayden in a fantastic position early in the race. Held in Bendigo every year, sixteen teams, 32 riders were racing on Sunday night which took the riders around the 420m velodrome over 200 times.
An integral part of Madison racing is the shown above. Hayden is being literally sling-shot from his partner. Riders have to tag each other as they ride around the track. This sling-shot effect gives the riders a large acceleration when pulled through.
The following upcoming training and race events SKCC will be supporting
- 12th – 15th March – Australian Track Masters Championships
- 22nd March Caulfield Carnegie
In between these events there a lot of other events to ride, depending on how much energy you have if you want to then race them all.
SKCC Track Training Dates for next 6 Weeks;
(warm-up from 5.30pm the on the boards training from 6.00-8.00pm)
All training is conducted at the Northcote indoor velodrome, 281 Darebin road, Thornbury. Home of Cycling Victoria.
- 29-03-2014 – (TBC) Track co-ordinator not available this weekend to unlock and re-lock DISC facility
- 03-05-2014 – Taking laps, flyers plus 2 laps
- 17-05-2014 – Entry’s plus 200m timed, handicaps 86gear
- 31-05-2014 – Sprint carnival mixed gear 86
- 21-06-2014 – Pursuit training and turns
- 05-07-2014 – Gate starts on big gears, left and right foot, ¼, ½ and full laps
Article compiled by the SKCC track riders