The lovely folk at The Grosvenor Hotel have decided to share one of their delicious receipies for you to make at home!!! This month features Flat iron skewers with miso marinade and cabbage salad!
Flat iron skewers with miso marinade and cabbage salad:
- 500gm flat iron (denuded oyster blade) – diced
- 100gm miso paste
- 60ml Black rice vinegar
- ½ Wombok or savoy cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ red cabbage thinly sliced
- ¼ butternut pumpkin raw -julienne
- Fresh picked parsley or coriander (both work well in this salad)
- Peanut oil
- Mix the miso and vinegar.
- Marinate the beef for at least 2 hours
- For the salad, combine all ingredients, just before serving add a little Extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and squeeze of lemon juice and mix lightly
- Cook the skewers on the flat top of your bbq or a hot pan in a little peanut oil, couple of minutes each side then rest on a wire rack, serve medium.
For more delicious food and drink ideas, pop into The Grosvenor Hotel (10 BRIGHTON ROAD ST KILDA EAST VIC 3183