Sarah Grove, SKCC member, shares her lessons learnt from her first Team Time trial:
- Ensure you are at the start line at least 3 min prior, or the marshals will let you know about it!
- Don’t get scared by all the speedy areo looking cyclists, looks can be deceiving. 😉
- Perfect course for those who love hills, there were no flat sections. At all!
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of your team and use them to your advantage
- Communication is key, you don’t have eyes in the back of your head
- Be comfortable with being uncomfortable
- It’s not just about the ‘look’ – let the legs do the talking
- Have fun – after all, it’s just a race, the result is a bonus!
- Fantastic event for novices through to top level cyclists, you don’t have to be a pro!
Sarah is a member of SKCC, and a Triathlon and Endurance Performance Coach with Holistic Endurance.