Last weekend, seven of our juniors competed in the Melbourne round of the National Junior Track Series. Apart from having the best looking kit on the track (well, we think so anyway), the guys and girls raced hard, competing in up to 13 events over the weekend. Laura Parlevliet, Haydn Bradbury, Sam and Steve Sutton and the rest of the SKCC track and junior squad send a big thank-you to SKCC for supporting the team, as well as to PhysioHealth for the fundraising BBQ (and to everyone who bought a snag!).
Some highlights include:
- Isla attacking early in the B Points Final, staying away the entire race, to the delight of the crowd, and firmly proving that she should have been in the A Grade final!
- Harry, finishing the weekend with a 4th place in the B Grade scratch race, after placing well in the heats.
- Sam, track-standing in the Aussie Crawl, lasting right to the end, showing exceptional bike handling skills for a 14 year old, as well as getting into many A Grade finals, against kids twice his size.
- Max and Carter, (both in the bottom age group), hanging onto the top riders, to get a swag of top 10 finishes.
- Lily, top results, 9th in the points race A Grade final and 7th in the Venue Blaster final.
- And of course, Neve consistently making the finals, and finishing her racing for the weekend by placing 3rd in the Elimination Final. A huge achievement as a bottom age-group rider.
Results for Round 2 are available on the Cycling Australia website.