Historically St Kilda Cycling Club has allowed riders to self promote and demote themselves through the grades, based largely on their perception of fitness, rather than their actual skill and track record. In the interests of your safety, a criterium grading system has been implemented in 2012 with the intent of ensuring riders enter a grade commensurate with their level of skill, more particularly they do not enter a grade for which they lack sufficient skill.
SKCC has attempted to grade every male rider who has raced criterium at the Club in the last two years based on information we have on grade(s) entered and finishing results. Riders have fallen into four categories:
- Rider's current grade is CONFIRMED.
- Rider's current grade is PROVISIONAL and we need more information.
- Rider is RELEGATED to a lower grade.
- Rider is PROMOTED to a higher grade.
CURRENT GRADING - WHICH CATEGORY AM I ?
Please click on the link below to find out your grade and which one of the four categories you fit into. Current Grading Link
WHAT DO YOU DO NOW? READ ON
After you have checked out the grading sheets you will be in one of four places:
GRADNIG CRITERIA AND POLICY
2. Riders cannot self relegate or promote themselves (temporarily or permanently).
3. On race day, NO changes will be considered to a rider's existing allocated grade. Your grade will be locked into the computer registration system.
5. Riders who seek to race for the first time in A, B or C grade must complete the GRADING FORM. The Club Grader, Race Director or Race Commissaire will decide which grade you can enter. Subject to finishing, results and a rider's demonstrated skill a permanent grade will confirmed.
6. Riders who have never or raced less that three criteriums elsewhere will only be able to enter E Grade. Read our First Time Guide to Criterium Racing and Your First Race. E(entry) Grade is intended for people with little or no experience. E Grade is supervised by experienced A or B Grade SKCC riders who will assist with riding and racing skills.
PLEASE NOTE: There is only ONE way to provide information to the handicappers and that is by completing the Grading Form and submitting as required. Our handicappers are non-paid volunteers - please do not expect them to respond immediately. Grading forms are assessed Wed / Thursday and any updates are online by Friday. Check the grading link FIRST before corresponding with the handicappers. Many thanks.